Suncoast Climate Change SymposiumSM
"Climate In Crisis"
Dr. Stuart L. Pimm is the Doris Duke Chair of Conservation Ecology at the Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University. He is a world leader in the study of present day extinctions and what we can do to prevent them. Dr. Pimm is President of SavingSpecies.org. The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation is a partner with SavingSpecies.org.
Dick Russell (dickrussell.org) has published thirteen books on subjects ranging from natural history to the assassination of President Kennedy. “Horsemen of the Apocalypse”– and "What It Means For Our Children,” is an in-depth investigation into the energy moguls most responsible for the climate change crisis facing our civilization.
April 17, 2018
5:00 - 8:30 PM
Scroll down for details about the Event Schedule and the many extras included with the ticket price.
- Easy, free parking
- “Toasted Mango Cafe” will provide a delicious assortment of wraps (both meat & vegetarian options) during intermission
- SAGE Art Sarasota will take a photograph of the guest with a Speaker
- Book signing with Dick Russell
- Music by singer and pianist Bob Teesdale
- 4:30 PM
- Check in. Music by Bob Teesdale
- 5:00 PM
- Sarasota City Manager Tom Barwin
- 5:15 PM
- Fr. Matthew J. Grady of Cardinal Mooney & Church of the Incarnation in Sarasota
- 5:30 PM
- Author Dick Russell, “Horsemen of the Apocalypse”
- 6:30 PM
- Intermission. Full size Wraps & beverages by Toasted Mango Cafe.
- 6:45 PM
- Dr. Stuart L. Pimm, President of SavingSpecies.org
- 7:45 PM
- Q & A with both Speakers & audience
- 8:00 PM
- Book signing with Dick Russell and your photograph with one Speaker
- 8:30 PM
- Event ends!